Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Little Devil

I've been a very bad boy. I haven't posted to my blog in over 2 weeks. I told myself that when I started this blog, I would post no less than once a week! Seems like there just aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done. I'm frantically working on making merchandise for two upcoming shows and I'm having a devil of a time getting everything done.

On that note, here's my latest creation; A Little Devil. He's PaperClay and wood, all decked out in his favorite Halloween costume. He can't seem to figure out why he's so chilly, though. Seems, he's left his back-flap down, exposing his backside for all to see! This is the first "backside" I've ever made - kinda made me feel a little naughty, a little "devlish" you might say!

12 comments:

Amy Short said...

Huh-larious!! I love him. I know what you mean about no time. I have that and then add 3 small boys into the mix. I feel your pain! ;o) Amy

alteredpastimes said...

Hey David, "Little Devil" is sooo cute. Your work gets more AMAZING every year. I wish that I was going to be in Cali. for your upcoming shows. I would love to see everyone and more of your items.
Linda

PJHornbergerFolkArtist.com said...

He is too fun! Just love those shy smiles you put on these fun guys. They're so timid... Glad you're back!! You were missed. thanks for the fun. PJ

HowlingMoonDesigns said...

Wow! He's Awesome David..Love those "cheeks" to..LOL
Candy

Flora said...

David I always knew you were a cheeky kinda guy! hehehe!!! He's too fabulous!
blessings,Flora

Robin Armstrong Seeber said...

LMAO...HOW FUNNY IS HE??? what an imagination David!!
robin

Christopher A. Klingler said...

Hi David,

I'm HERE!!! Hehe

Great blog & FUN art.

Your new devil is a STITCH...love the bum showing!!! LOL '-)

Happy Halloween Early,
Chris

Janell Berryman Pumpkinseeds folk art said...

Fabulous!!! What an amazing piece! Those little long johns are a hoot :) Thanks for stopping by my blog by the way. I will add your blog link to my blog. Janell
PS TOTALLY unintentional... check out my cat's mouth. I had no choice due to the theme. When he was done I thought of you :)

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

I've done the back panel before, but never with it down and I have to admit your version is a whole lot funnier!!! Cheeky! Thanks for the laugh and the note!! I understand your pain right now about time. UGH!! Surely there are elves out there for us somewhere!!
Laurie

Fantastic Figments said...

HAHA.. I love it. and what I love most is that I have a pair of camping long-johns like that. (I know TMI). I love your art. My first spin by your blog and I am just in awe. HEHE how could any turn the other cheek on this little guy.

SMooches,
Steph

Christopher A. Klingler said...

David ~ Thanks for the compliments on my outdoor Halloween decorations! Glad you enjoyed them. :-)

Chris

HowlingMoonDesigns said...

Hey David..I just realized I did'nt see him yesterday at the show! Was he already sold or is he for STJ? :)
Candy