Saturday, February 7, 2009

I'm Back!

I feel so neglectful that I haven't posted in the last two weeks, but I've been on a two week vacation at Disney World. It's very tough coming back home after spending that much time in the kingdom of the Mouse - coming back, the reality of the real world is like a slap in the face. But, at the same time, it's great to be home and not have to constantly dodge screaming kids in strollers!

Before I left, I posted a WIP of the dog I'm working on. I got such a great response from everyone (THANKS!) that I decided to show his progress. Before I left on vacation, I put some oil paint details on him. Not sure they really translate in the photo, but they definitely give him more dimension. I started working with oil paints over acrylics this year as an experiment. I love how the oil paints blend, and their slow drying time gives me lots of working time. I'm going to keep up this technique for a while and see where it leads me!

In the meantime, I've got a great idea for a mouse...have NO idea where THAT came from ;)
Post a Comment