Saturday, May 8, 2010

Pumpkins are Coming!

Wow! Has it really been three weeks since my last post?! I'm so sorry for my absence. I've been busy mixing clay and getting initial forms and shapes built, so I haven't had anything fun and exciting to post. For some reason, the clay is not drying as fast as I would like right now. Must be a lot of humidity in the air. I stopped using my "drying closet" that I made a while back as it's costing a FORTUNE to run the dehumidifier and fan. So, I'm drying the clay the old fashioned way; with LOTS of patience ;)

I do have several new piece finished, including this Pumpkin Lantern. He's hand-sculpted from papier-maché and sits inside a tin pail. An electric tea light inside gives him a fun and spooky glow. It could even be used as a little candy dish! This fun fellow will make his debut on Spookytime Jingles, the May 13th at midnight. I'm only making two of these and the other will be sold at Halloween and Vine.

As always, thanks for stopping by!
Post a Comment