Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Percy the Pumpkin

Tomorrow (3/31/11) is the latest release of the EHAG Emporium - an exclusive marketplace featuring one-of-a-kind Halloween creations. I will be offering my newest creation...Percy the Pumpkin. Sure, he looks a little scary, but honestly I think he is just misunderstood. All bark and no bite (well, maybe a nibble or two).

Percy is hand-sculpted from papier-maché. His arms were a real challenge for me. I knew that I wanted very thin and expressive hands, but papier-maché was just not going to work for me. I was afraid the medium wouldn't be durable enough and that the fingers could break off. I want my creations to last for years and years, so I knew I had to come up with a better solution. After playing around with lots of different materials, I discovered that heavy-gauge wire, wrapped, heavily decoupaged and covered in gesso gave me not only the expressive look I wanted but also amazing durability!

If you want to give Percy a loving home, stop by the EHAG Emporium tomorrow night at 9pm (EST) to see more photos and to get the details on how you can add him to your collection.

http://ehagemporium.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Michele Lynch Art said...

I love Percy! Maybe he's just feeling a little cranky waiting for Halloween LOL! I'll bet someone snatches him right up! xo Michele

Len said...

Spooooooookkeeyyyyy!!!!

He is quite a departure from your other work. I love the graphic quality of his hat and how it works with his face. He is great!

Christopher A. Klingler said...

LOVE him & I'm sure he'll get snapped up tonight @ Emporium!

CK >:-)

Welcome To My Blog said...

David, Percy is absolutely wonderful! Love his look and his arms add creepy fun. :)

Thanks for sharing him with us.

Blessings,
Kim