Thursday, May 12, 2011

Chicken Lips in ADQ


I'm so thrilled to have my work represented in Art Doll Quarterly this month! When the publisher contacted me and asked me to write an article, I have to admit that a wave of fear washed over me. I don't consider myself a "writer" by any stretch of the imagination. When I expressed my concerns to the publisher, she assured me that writing about my work would be much easier than I could imagine. Truth is, it really wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. The trick was to image that I was speaking to a friend about my inspiration and process.  Once I had that vision in mind, the article flowed effortlessly.

They always say when you're speaking in public you're supposed to imagine your audience naked...wonder if that trick works when you're writing as well ;)

I'm very grateful for ADQ giving me the chance to tell my story. Their reader base is upwards of 100,000 people! It's a little intimidating to image that many people will be reading my article. Even more difficult to image that many people naked!

3 comments:

Ayala Art said...

Oh my gosh, I never heard such advise!! XoD Well, I will read the magazine with a big coat on, just in case LOL

Xabi said...

felicidades

Bearly Sane said...

Saw the article and abolutely loved it David.

Have done that a few times at confrences and it really works, but only with people who have great imaginations...you'd do well. But as one of your readers I'd hate to think of you imagining me naked! LOL!

Hugs,
Sandi