Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wednesday WIPs - Dem Bones, Dem Bones


 

Now that I'm back in the swing of "all things Halloween," I'm really focusing on skeletons...and lots of them!  These boney fellows look a little bizarre without their bottom jaws. I always sculpt the jaw separately and attach it at the end - that way I can position it just the way I want to give them lots of personality.
I'm working on big skeletons, little skeletons, skinny skeletons and full-figured ones. A couple of these will make their way to ESC Trading Co. as part of my 2012 Halloween submissions.



11 comments:

Юлия Моисеенко said...

i love it

Unknown said...

The Skele jaws look like little Elephant feet! :-) Fun.
~ Deb

Haunted Swamp Designs said...

Look at dem bones!
I thought they were feet...then thought.. wait they don't have feet. Those are jaws!
Good job!

ImagiMeri said...

Hi David,

Are your jaws free-moving? How cool would that be if they moved....

Hugs,
Meri

Cindy said...

dem bones is damn neat

C. said...

For me its those hands attached to those skinny arms! Diggin' them like dandeions in a graveyard!

Chicken Lips said...

Thanks everyone!

@ Meri - no, I don't make the jaws moveable, but that actually sounds like an interesting idea!

Anonymous said...

I have to say David you are one of my most favorite artists!!!! and these are part of the reason! Love them all esp. the tiny ones...
XXX Pattee

Snugglebug Blessings said...

Wow just loving those teeth. Hope they don't bite. They are totally awesome. Love your work.

Sandra M. Lopez said...

It's amazing to see how much creativity. Your pieces are wonderful. Thanks for sharing these pictures.

thewickedwoods said...

Do they really need a bottom jaw? They look cool as is. In zombie fights the jaw is the first to go lol.