Thursday, May 28, 2009

How Dry I am!


You might remember a few months back, I was belly aching that my clay simply wasn't drying fast enough. Fellow artist P.J (see her blog here) told me to use a dehumidifier to pull the moisture out fast. I thought it sounded like a great idea and finally just got around to getting one. I cleared out a portion of my storage room and put in a drying rack. I put up a clear shower curtain and put the dehumidifier inside. Voila! Instant Paperclay kiln!

The dehumidifier REALLY sucks the moisture out the pieces...fast! Way quicker than just letting them sit on their own. I need to put a small fan inside to circulate the air - which I'm sure will lead to even faster drying time.

Now I have no excuse not to have more pieces completed ;) Thanks P.J.!

Dry...it's a good thing!
Post a Comment