Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Chicken Lips a Buzzing!


The new issue of Arts a Flutter has been released. I struggled with what to create for this July edition. I knew it should be summer themed, but with Halloween and Christmas always on my mind, it's hard to break out of the habit of reaching for clay and instantly diving into yet another Pumpkin or Santa. And then inspiration hit...literally...on my nose! I was in my workshop when a bee landed on my nose...about scared the pants off me! Lucky he chose not to sting me, but instead simply flew away back from where he came. But, he left me with an idea! So, I got out the clay and Bee Boy was born!

He's made of paperclay on a wood base, approx. 16" high. Thankfully, the inspiration bee wasn't this large! Buzz on by Arts a Flutter and take a look!

13 comments:

Christopher A. Klingler said...

TOO CUTE David! You just keep outdoing yourself! Well done. :-)

Chris

KatHreN said...

OMG I love him!!!!!
Kathren

snippetgirl said...

Too funny and clever!!!

HowlingMoonDesigns said...

I LOVE Bee Boy David!!!!
He's to darn cute!
Hugs,
Candy

Tamara Dozier said...

Someone must have known you were stuck for an idea and sent you inspiration. Cute, cute, cute as always!

Jorge de Rojas said...

you're sure a buzzin!

Georgina said...

He's "buzzacular!!!"

yoborobo said...

Oh, he's just as sweet as honey. :) I lurve him.

Theresa said...

This guy is great....and I'm not even a bee person... LOL. :) I agree with Yoborobo he is sweet as honey. :)

Christopher A. Klingler said...

Hoping you & yours have a wonderful 4th of July holiday weekend!

Chris :-)

Catherine Darling said...

Cute as always! Have a happy 4th.

Il Girasogno said...

i love him!!!

Eva Russo said...

The Bee is amazing David!
really fabulous!
hugs
Eva