Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Snowmen in July!


I'll do anything to beat the heat right now! Including making snowmen ornaments! Somehow making these frosty fellows cools me down. This snowball guy is made from a combination of Fast Maché and Paperclay. I've found that I LOVE Fast Maché for the heads, bodies and larger forms I create. But, I still turn to Paperclay for the details. I'm finding this combination truly fun to work with and it gets my creativity moving in overdrive.

If you find you need to cool yourself off as well, this new creation is listed in my ETSY shop.

Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Flossiekat said...

Wow. . . Double wow. . . . Love your blog and your creations!!! I am so glad I happened across your blog, sweetie! You are one of the most amazing artists I've seen in a long time!!! Keep up the good work!

Georgina said...

Oh, I love it...hopefully we'll get a great El Nino to cool us all off out here!!! Then we can make a real snowball man!!!!

William Bezek said...

He's a happy little guy, very cute!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! What is Fast Mache'? What ever it is it looks good on him!

Jorge de Rojas said...

David, he's frostalicious! Love the texture, it really enhances your aging technique.

Chicken Lips said...

Thanks everyone!

Pattee - Fast Maché is a wonderful paper maché product that Laurie of Monkey Cats Studio turned me on to. You can get it online or at your local craft store.

Anonymous said...

Love the face on him! ☺

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

Activa needs to give us a kick-back David!!! **giggle** It just has the richest surface and look how the little lumps and bumps antique!! A winner David!!!
Laurie

KatHreN said...

awwww he's sweet....
kathren

Christopher A. Klingler said...

SOOO cute David!!!

mE :-))

Lance said...

Nice ornament David! Snowmen are cool anytime of the year!

Christopher A. Klingler said...

Popping in to say hello & wish you a wonderful weekend!

Chris :-)

By Way of Salem said...

Your little guy would be great to addition to a snowman collection! And love the twisty little hanger -very fun. I'm going to have to give Fast Mache a go myself. Good job!

Carolee said...

LOVE this! I've never tried fast mache - much give it a go...(LOVE paperclay though!)

Your creativity is ALWAYS moving in overdrive!! :)

~ Carolee