Thursday, September 3, 2009

Candy Dish WIP


Here's a peak at a WIP that is in it's final stages of drying. This candy dish is one of the largest I've ever made. Based on the photo, it doesn't look that big, but this huge piece stands over 2 ft. high! Sculpted from papier-maché and paper clay, it's a sturdy piece! The kitty sits in the pumpkin - which servers as a lid to the container.

I hope to get at least one more of these made for my upcoming Fall shows. I also have plans to made a snowman head with a Santa inside. So many ideas....so little time!!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cannot wait to see this one! Such a great design, David. This should go quickly.

Kathy said...

It's great already...so when it's all done I'm sure it will be spectacular! I can't wait to see the final product...

snippetgirl said...

SO awesome!!! I love that it is nice and big!! Totally cool design. Lookin' forward to seeing it in full color!

Sycamore Moon Studios said...

Well done and well made. Love it!

Shes Off Her Rocker said...

Love this david! The size is great too and you always have such detail...so fun you are doing some fall shows! I bet you will sell out!

Christopher A. Klingler said...

FUN new WIP! '-)

Have a great holiday weekend!

SpOOky CK (-:

William Bezek said...

This is GREAT David! I like the large scale and this new way that you are doing the eyes!

Georgina said...

Oh goody, can't wait to see it complete!!!

Halloween Fanatic said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Love the HUGE piece...I am ready to start pulling out Chickenlips for Halloween display!!!

Sheryl Parsons said...

OOoooooh David! You know I love candy dishes and such so I can't wait to see this all dolled up. You should put something next to it to give us a true idea of the size. This is going to be fabulous and as William said, the new eye design is great!
Thanks for your compliment on my Autumn Santa by the way.

:-)
Sheryl

Rob said...

This looks awesome, senor. It is amazing how you get these pieces to hang together and be so functional too! Can't wait to see the finished piece...

Mary Wadsworth said...

Wow! Your work is amazing, I love this!! Can't wait to see it completed.

Mary