Thursday, September 24, 2009

Christmas...in September!

Sorry that I've been MIA lately. I've been frantically working on getting ready for my two Fall shows...oh, and I did take a few days off to go to Las Vegas - but honestly, I thought about work the whole time ;)

I've just finished up the last of my Halloween creations for this year. Now I'm jumping into Christmas! Seems kind of strange to be making snowmen in 105˚ heat! And, the humidity is SO low that the clay is drying as I mold it!

Here are a couple quick shots of new Christmas WIPS; the first is a Santa bust, the second is a Santa in a Snowman. Santa lifts out to reveal a place for candy. This is a big piece! Stands about 2ft. high!

This coming weekend is the Halloween & Vine event in Northern CA. I want to wish all my friends who will be participating a "good show" and lots of sales!

9 comments:

Sycamore Moon Studios said...

AHHHHH! You are making me feel more behind than I already am!

Cool xmas stuff!

Unknown said...

So wonderful, cant wait to see them completed...

Smiles

Sheryl Parsons said...

This is that time of year where I feel like I have split personalities...still somewhat stuck in Halloween, but Christmas is here and now! Can't wait to see these finished!
Sheryl

KatHreN said...

love them.....good luck at the show, can't wait for the MI one. Don't forget to stop by my blog for my very first giveaway....
kathren

Georgina said...

I know what you mean...hard to get into Christmas when it's warm outside...well, just think when Dec. arrives, we won't be digging out of several feet of snow!!! Loving your Santa. Oh, I want to thank you again, for that tip on using woodfiller on cracks...that technique has saved many a doll head!!

Christopher A. Klingler said...

Popping in to say hello & wish you a great weekend!

PS: Did you see your ghost ornament in my new Halloween tree slide show?

Chris (-:

Ginny Diezel said...

Yeow! These are terrific!

The Creative Bohemian said...

beautiful, but I can't even think about Christmas, although I know I must.

Diane

Anzèle said...

I made two santa this month...in France too we are lucky to have a good weather for september...I hope to see your santa finished soon!

anzele
(www.novembrenmai.canalblog.com)