Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Meet Beauford T. Bones


I've always wanted to make a skeleton farmer and have finally gotten around to making it happen. Say hello to Beauford T. Bones! This boney fellow and his skeleton chicken are sculpted from papier-maché and paper clay on a wooden base.

I collect Dia De Los Muertos skeletons myself and wanted to create a few skeletons that could be displayed all year-round, not just at Halloween.

Beauford will make his debut at The Claremont Village Venture on Oct. 24th.

I'm working my fingers to the bone getting ready for upcoming shows, so please forgive me if my posts seem few and far between! I will keep you updated with some sneak peaks of what is coming out of my studio!

Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

Christopher A. Klingler said...

SOOO cute David and love his lil' boots! '-)

Hope you are having a great week.

mE (-:

Sheryl Parsons said...

How do you do it David?! This is too cool. Love the denim britches and the hat.
:-)
Sheryl

Coach Z said...

Dear Mr. Lips:

The Details on the Mr. is fabulous!! The colors are perfect and his chicken rocks!!

Anonymous said...

Do I love him????

Yes most definitely!
Pattee

Sycamore Moon Studios said...

Wicked cool. Oh my! Love him!

yoborobo said...

Oh, David - this is a skelly after my own heart. I just love him to pieces, and his little undead/dead chicken friend. LOL! Great work! :) Pam

William Bezek said...

Perfection...I love the Day of the Dead feel and the chicken corpse!

The Studio at Crow Haven Farm, LLC said...

David, he is awesome. Digging the boots. I so love your sculpting....so when are you going to be teaching us how to sculpt? LOL Have a great weekend.
Cheers

By Way of Salem said...

High-larious!!! I love him and the chicky too. Farm inspired no doubt :)

Jorge de Rojas said...

David love your dead acres farmer. Haven't been making rounds due to my hectic show schedule, but had to stop and check you out. You always bring a smile to my lips and a moment of art. My lord I'm rambling, LOL due keep up the good work.

HowlingMoonDesigns said...

AWESOME!!! :)
Hugs,
Candy