Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Birds and the Bees

Spring is just around the corner, and I have two newly finished creations that honor the season! Both of these pieces celebrate Spring - and for those of you still suffering from the Winter blahs, I hope they brighten your day.

Bee Boy is hand-sculpted from Paperclay on a wood base. He's a big fellow, standing at over 16" high. He proudly holds his prized Honey Pot (removable).

Blue Bird is a new design. She is sculpted from Paperclay and sits atop a wooden box - ideal to store a trinket or two.

Both of these one-of-a-kind creations will be available exclusively on Arts a Flutter on February 1st.

13 comments:

Bearly Sane said...

See I have a grin just like the bee!! You do a wonderful job of these critters David and I love the trinket box too, he's soooo cute.
Warmest hugs,
Sandi @ Bearly Sane

Sheryl Parsons said...

We Bee thinking alike I think. I have a little bee that will be finished this week hopefully. I actually started her 2 years ago. I can't believe it. She will be looking for cute fella like yours....or looking to steal his honey pot...;-)

Kim Owens said...

Too darn cute David!

Len said...

That is one whomping big bee! I love his worker bee attire.

ImagiMeri said...

Hi David, Wow you are on a new roll with the birds and the bees.....awesome!

Hugs,
Meri

Jaime Haney said...

comical! love 'em. you are so talented, how can you possibly part with them? :)

snippetgirl said...

So happy and cheerful!!! Thank you some joy and cuteness in this dreary weather! They are a definite reminder of spring and summer...can't wait for them to get here!!

KatHreN said...

he looks a lil mischievious...lol love the little bird
toodles
kathren

yoborobo said...

Oh my gosh, I love both of them. They make me smile! xo Pam

Christopher A. Klingler said...

CUTE Spring goodies David! '-)

Popping in 4 a belated howdy. :-)

SpOOky CK (-:

HowlingMoonDesigns said...

Love them Both David, but especially the Birdie! :)

Hugs,
Candy

By Way of Salem said...

Love the bird David! So cute and so Spring-y! Jeannine

BumbleVee said...

okay...I'm a fan of cute. Have to say the bunnies kinda creep me out...I'll take the bluebird please.....