Monday, January 18, 2010

Cupid is Here!


Every year I try to make at least a couple Cupids to usher in Valentine's Day. This year, I've made both a standing cupid and a sitting one. Both are hand-sculpted from Paperclay, painted in acrylics and oils, and both have adorable rusty tin wings. One stands on a wooden base, while the other sits on a little wooden box. This is the first time I've made anything like this, and I'm really happy with the results! The box is a perfect way to store a couple trinkets or a few pieces of wrapped candy.Both cupids are currently looking for good homes and can be found exclusively at my ETSY shop.

13 comments:

Kathy said...

They're both absolutely fabulous...I really like the one sitting down holding the heart.

Great job!

William Bezek said...

Adorable little guys David!

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

Loving "me" some Cupid, David!! Really great Valentine pieces!!!

Kim Owens said...

Way stinking cute David!

Anonymous said...

These little guys are just great!
All of your creations bring a smile.

Bearly Sane said...

David they are adorable...you have the most wonderful imagination and I always leave your blog with a smile as big as your Chicken Lips designs.
Warmest hugs,
Sandi @ Bearly Sane

ImagiMeri said...

David,

These are looking great...it's just so neat to have one of your pieces pop on the screen and bring a giggle out. Keep on making us smile!

God bless,
Meri

Shes Off Her Rocker said...

Very cool seeing how you do the big V-Day! Go David!!!

Anonymous said...

Very fun pieces! Love those hearts.

Nat said...

I am in love with your cupids. Maybe one could shoot a heart my way. Fabulous as always

Christopher A. Klingler said...

CUTE lil' fellows David! :-)

SpOOky CK

A.X said...

E' incredibile da quanto e' bello!
complimenti!

AwtemNymf said...

what a fabulous Cutie pie! Be.still.my.heart!