Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Homer and the Angry Carrot

I'm always amazed where my ideas come from. Often times they seem to come from right out of the blue, completely without notice.

The other day I was talking on the phone and doodling on my workbench (which is always covered in butcher paper for just such an occasion). I subconsciously drew an angry carrot! I have no idea why. The conversation I was having had nothing to do with vegetables and I certainly wasn't in a foul mood. But whatever the reason, when the conversation was over I was looking down at a carrot with attitude! Well, that's all I needed to get the ball rolling on making my newest creation.

Meet "Homer and the Angry Carrot."

This duo is sculpted from papier-maché and paperclay. Painted in acrylics with oil paint details. This is the first of several bunnies I'm finishing up.

Homer is available for purchase on my ETSY shop.

UPDATE: Homer has just SOLD (THANK YOU!)!!! But stay tuned for more bunnies appearing here and on my ETSY shop soon!

___

14 comments:

Len said...

You are one sick puppy! He/they are hilarious! I love it!

...and exclamation marks as well it seems!

Christopher A. Klingler said...

WOW!!! 2 FUN!!! :-O)

mE (-:

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

Great piece David....he may be angry, but he makes me laugh!!!

I finally got the finishing paint on the "pink" one...hope you got over your speed bump too!!

Oh, a customer mentioned you in an email to me VERY favorably!!! Always nice to hear so thought I would pass it on.
Laurie

kaniki's said...

Absolutely Hilarious!! Just awesome!! And so much fun - my goodness.. Always a blast poppin' in!!

Unknown said...

OMG, I laughed out loud at this one... love it!

Lori

ImagiMeri said...

Very cute David, and unique. You've always got the neatest ideas. Keep em' comin'

Hugs,
Meri

Ginny Diezel said...

OMG! Enraged veggies! Love it! When you look at the teeth which are about to sink into the orange guy, no wonder he's angry!

Jorge de Rojas said...

love them David!

yoborobo said...

This is just too funny! :) I love the nervous expression on the bunny!

HowlingMoonDesigns said...

And you call me "Twisted"!..LOL
Love this piece David!

Hugs,
Candy

Lance said...

Wow that went fast, and I can see why! Did you sell the sketch? If not you should consider it!

Anonymous said...

Homer is Great!! But really an angry carrot is what got me laughing!!!
Vegetables with attitude! I love it David!
Pattee

Bearly Sane said...

Oh David this set is just gorgeous ... I know what you mean about doodling ideas though. I end up with scraps of paper everywhere, maybe I should do the same thing to my desk!! LOL!!
Warmest hugs,
Sandi @ Bearly Sane

By Way of Salem said...

Everyone's already said it - but it IS hilarious!!! I think you're spending too much time alone tho...LOL!!!