Wednesday, September 15, 2010

More Dia De Los Muertos!


I've been bitten by the Dia De Los Muertos bug! As I mentioned in an earlier post, I collect Day of the Dead art, and it wasn't until recently that I started making some myself. Now, I just don't want to stop making these colorful creations! They require a lot more detail painting than I normally do, but there is something quite zen about painting the decorations on the faces. In fact, I've found that I can get carried away with putting so much detail that none of the white skull shows through! Guess I need to learn restraint.

These 2 photos represent my lastest creations. Each is about 8" high, hand sculpted from papier-maché and paperclay.They will be making their debut at Halloween and Vine on Sept. 25th - www.halloweenandvine.com
Post a Comment