Wednesday, September 15, 2010

More Dia De Los Muertos!


I've been bitten by the Dia De Los Muertos bug! As I mentioned in an earlier post, I collect Day of the Dead art, and it wasn't until recently that I started making some myself. Now, I just don't want to stop making these colorful creations! They require a lot more detail painting than I normally do, but there is something quite zen about painting the decorations on the faces. In fact, I've found that I can get carried away with putting so much detail that none of the white skull shows through! Guess I need to learn restraint.

These 2 photos represent my lastest creations. Each is about 8" high, hand sculpted from papier-maché and paperclay.They will be making their debut at Halloween and Vine on Sept. 25th - www.halloweenandvine.com

15 comments:

ImagiMeri said...

Hi David,

They look awesome, and sometimes you can never have too much detail!

Hugs,
Meri

Unknown said...

They look great David! I agree and lovet the extra detail. :-)

~ Deb

Michael said...

These are absolutely amazing!

Michael said...

Big D! Those are absolutely amazing. I can't wait to pick one up for my collection!

yoborobo said...

David, seriously, I am madly in love with these. They are perfect. :) Pam

SympleTymes Cloth Art By Sherrie Nordgren said...

David your art is just so awesome,
I was wondering if you will be at the Ghoultide Gathering in Oct?
I am excited because I am going to get to attend this year!!Flying from FL to MI and visting our son and daughter-inlaw we will egt to go yippie,any ways was going to look for you if you are going to be ther.

BlacknickSculpture said...

They look great! Nice work David!

Ayala Art said...

They are so cool!!!

HowlingMoonDesigns said...

I LOVE them David! Hope you have a couple at Claremont! :)
Hugs,
Candy

Unknown said...

I have been admiring your designs for a while now, You most definitely have your style/ or branding?
I'm not sure what the difference is!
One knows immediately when they see one of your pieces.
Really Great.

Jorge de Rojas said...

David please! no restraints just go with it, I love them?
Can't wait to meet ya in the flesh!

Anonymous said...

They are so cute! Love the faces :)

Anonymous said...

Hey David theses are fabulous!

I too collect day of the dead and have gone to several celebrations.

I'm looking forward to seeing and meeting you and your creations at Halloween and Vine this year!

Pattee

Anonymous said...

These guys are SOOOOO cute! I couldn't help blogging about them...I hope you don't mind! You can find it here: http://spooksohmy.blogspot.com/2010/09/dios-de-los-muertos.html

Happy Haunting!
Aelwyn

Anonymous said...

Oooooh! These are FABULOUS! David, if you get any better, I'm gonna be jealous. :) These are so fun. Keep doin' em. I'll start saving the $$...