Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Great Day at the Village Venture

This past Saturday was my 8th year participating at the Village Venture - a wonderful arts and crafts show along the tree-lined streets of historic downtown Claremont, CA. The sky was gloomy and threatned rain all day, but the crafting gods were looking down on us and held back the mositure until 30 minutes after the show...what luck!



Set up started at 6:30 am. Who knew that the sun wasn't even up at that hour! I asked the show promoters for a new booth location this year as I had spent the last 7 years set up next to the Folk Music store's performance booth. The music is wonderful, but the sheer volume made it impossible to talk with customers. My new spot was centrally located right on a busy corner - perfect location!



The show officially opens at 9am - my first customer was there at 7am! She came early to watch me unpack and get first pick. That's dedication! Here she is making her decision...thanks Holly!


The gloomy weather really put people in the shopping mood. I had the single best sales day of any one-day show, ever! Thanks so much to Marty, Jeff and Wendy for helping me setup, teardown and wrap and bag all those sales. And a big thank you to all my friends, fans and collectors who came out to support me.

12 comments:

Rob said...

Congratulations on a great show! You are moving on up!!

Unknown said...

I don't know how you do it - but you do it SO well. Congrats on your sales, very well deserved David!

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

Look at that almost empty booth!!! Yay for you, David!!!!
() () () () clapping for you!
Laurie

yoborobo said...

Oh, I wish I could have come! So happy you did well, David! Congrats! xox Pam

Unknown said...

Congratulations on a great shoe David! Love the booth design! Great setup! :-)

~ Deb

HowlingMoonDesigns said...

Awwww yes, It's always fun setting up in the dark, and tearing down in the rain ..LOL..
Your booth looked great & I LOVE your new work!

Luv ya!

Robin Armstrong Seeber said...

OMG.. so awesome you almost sold out...congrats!!!

Len said...

Wow! That is so wonderful to hear. Is that all that was left over from your day?

Anonymous said...

WOW David!!! I'm so excited for you! Glad you got a better place at the show! Yes look at that almost sold out booth...

I guess this means your back to your craft RIGHT NOW! : )
Love ~ Pattee

Unknown said...

Empty shelves at the end of the day are the best! Congrats!!!

Candylei said...

Your booth looks wonderful. Love the stripes on your table, makes it fun like a circus. You're sculpted dolls are great!

Anonymous said...

Congrats and Happy Halloween!