Monday, October 4, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!

Halloween is still several weeks away, but I've put the orange and black paint away for now. It's about time I start working on holiday creations. I have to admit that a bit of melancholy comes over me when I know that the mad Halloween-rush is through. I still have one more Fall show to attend, but just about everything is completed for that show. Creatively, I find it tough to switch gears so abruptly, so I like to ease into it slowly. I may start by looking through some old Christmas catalogs, or books about Vintage collectibles. I remember as a kid, I found it easy to get into the holiday spirit when the Sears Wishbook would arrive in the Fall - does anyone else remember that? I know I'm really dating myself with that reference ;)

Somehow, this weekend I found the Christmas spirit and starting in-head first on some snowmen. Now I'm anxious to get working on those Santas, angels and gingerbreadmen.


And before you know it, I'll need to get out those pastel paints and start getting enthused about eggs and bunnies. Wow, where does the time go?!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow you are such a creative artist.i love your skitzo clown ,and every other one i saw.do you have any videos on how to make the paper mache.i would love to try this and make one of my own.may god richly bless you art shows from now on and that you never doubt your talent

Unknown said...

I remember WELL the Christmas Wish Book from Sears AND the one from JCPenney! My older kids grew up with them, too!
Love the look of the snowmen! And when you find out where the time is going, let me know!!

ImagiMeri said...

Hi David,

As always, your creations are looking great. I just posted my latest Christmas creation, so you might wanna' stop by to see it.

Hugs,
Meri

Len said...

Love the birdies!

One in the hand is worth two on the head?

I want to see the finished snowman it looks really neat.

Anonymous said...

Where does the time go indeed David...

I love that little snowman with the birds on his head!

Ok I'll date myself as well ~Yes I remember the Sears Wishbook! Yikes... I hate to admit that : )

Is it the Glitterfest (?) that you are going to?

Geeze I wish I was in California now!

oxo~Pattee

Brenda said...

Wonderful Blog! Love to see the creations before and after they are painted. I remember thumbing through, circling items, and writing lists from the JC Penney Christmas Catalog. I even worked for the company while going to college. How is that for dedication! Your sculptures are brilliant!!

Coach Z said...

Hello My friend. Yes, the time it travels fast, does she? Congrats on your success at Halloween and Vine. I hope to meet you there next year!!

I cannot wait to see what you do with xmas this year.

Smiles

Sandra Caldwell said...

And on to Christmas you go...David, you are to kewl.
Drop by my blog and see your surprise.
Sandra

http://babycakesallshewrote.blogspot.com/