Monday, October 4, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!

Halloween is still several weeks away, but I've put the orange and black paint away for now. It's about time I start working on holiday creations. I have to admit that a bit of melancholy comes over me when I know that the mad Halloween-rush is through. I still have one more Fall show to attend, but just about everything is completed for that show. Creatively, I find it tough to switch gears so abruptly, so I like to ease into it slowly. I may start by looking through some old Christmas catalogs, or books about Vintage collectibles. I remember as a kid, I found it easy to get into the holiday spirit when the Sears Wishbook would arrive in the Fall - does anyone else remember that? I know I'm really dating myself with that reference ;)

Somehow, this weekend I found the Christmas spirit and starting in-head first on some snowmen. Now I'm anxious to get working on those Santas, angels and gingerbreadmen.


And before you know it, I'll need to get out those pastel paints and start getting enthused about eggs and bunnies. Wow, where does the time go?!
Post a Comment