Thursday, August 19, 2010

Candy Corns

The ideas are coming fast and furious, but the clock is ticking away! My first fall show is only a month away and I can't keep up with all the things I want to make! This always seems to happen to me...when the pressure hits, the ideas come.

Today, I'm finishing up this batch of Candy Corns, and then it's onto sculpting one last batch of skulls (all my previous skulls that I had made for the shows have sold!). Right now, I'm looking at about 45 pieces that need to be painted in the next several weeks. So, please forgive me if my post start getting few and far between ;)

Okay, enough chit chat...back to work!

13 comments:

Trish said...

I'm sorry to say it, but I'm glad you're under pressure if that's what it takes. I love these candy corn guys. hiLARious and wonderful.. bet they don't taste too good tho!

Unknown said...

Love the nibbled candy corns!
~ Deb

Anonymous said...

These are FAB!! Love it! Melissa

ImagiMeri said...

OMG David, they're awesome! You do just keep getting better and better. I'm just now working on drawings for Xmas so I'm way behind! Great job.

Hugs,
Meri

Bearly Sane said...

Fabulous David, love the pumpkins with their pumpkins, the decorative sculls and these wonderful candy corns...I don't know how you do it...but keep 'em coming!
Warmest Hugs,
Sandi @ Bearly Sane

magikalseasons said...

I love the one with the bite taken out of him!lol:) Can't wait to see them finished!

Whimcees said...

You are such a talented and awesome artist I don't even have the words. You inspire on the darkest day! :<)

Wishing you a wonderful day today!

Barbara Diane

Christopher A. Klingler said...

FUN and I'm sure they'll be great when their makeup is applied! LOL '-P)

SpOOky CK >:-)

Theresa said...

These guys are way to funny...I hope you'll making some of them for your ETSY shop or for STJ. My sister needs one of these....she is a candy corn fanatic...LOL.

By Way of Salem said...

I love love love those!!! And who doesn't love candy corn! I can't wait to see them all painted up. Good going friend! Jeannine

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

What do you dream about at night?!!! Love these little guys David!!!
Laurie

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

What do you dream about at night?!!! Love these little guys David!!!
Laurie

dls said...

Love your art work...... the expressions are awesome – scary and cute at the same time!

Are you using paper clay for the candy corn people? It is a dream to play with whimsical sculpture someday.

Thanks for sharing your art.