Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My BIGGEST Day of the Dead Creation EVER!


I just finished up my largest Day of the Dead figure so far to date. It may not look like it in this photo, but this fellow stands at over 13" high and is about 9" wide. I always like to make at least one LARGE piece for each show I attend; call it a "show stopper!" Something to really grab people's attention as they pass by my booth. The larger size also made it much easier to paint in all those intricate details on his face.


This bone-daddy makes his debut at the Claremont Village Venture, Sat. Oct 23rd. Hope to see you there!

10 comments:

Patty Moore said...

Bone-Daddy is awesome! I just love your work it is truely amazing what you do.

♥ Trish ♥
http://craftycreationsbytrish.com

William Bezek said...

13 x 9...that's a big one! I like the face painting on this one very much, muy autentico!

The Captain said...

Loving all of your Day of the Dead figures!

yoborobo said...

He is amazing! I love your DOTD pieces. :)

Jennifer Hepler-Takens said...

David, You rock! Great piece! You have Stopped The Show!!
- Jen

Anonymous said...

wonderful, there is no other word, simply wonderfl!

Joyce

ImagiMeri said...

Hi David,

He's awesome.......what a big handsome dude! Most of my pieces lately have been between 12-14" and I'm really gonna' have to scale back soon. Thank you so much for all your help lately.......oh, I do have another question. Why do you use both paperclay and paper mache'? What are the advantages to each?

Hugs,
Meri

Unknown said...

Wonderful piece David! :-)

~ Deb

busy stay at home mom said...

wonderful!!!!! Bone Daddy is the best- Great work! I will let my friend at http://www.coasthwytraders.com know of your talents- her shop sells Day of the Dead figurines!

So Dark So Cute said...

He's lovely!