Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Chicken Lips Goes Global!

I'm happy to announce that I recently signed-on with ESC Trading Co to license some of my original creations! This is something that I have wanted for a long time and I have to keep pinching myself to make sure I'm not dreaming.

I have submitted designs for Spring of 2012 and I just received word that 7 of my designs will be picked up for reproduction. It is amazing to me to think that my designs will be in stores across the US, possibly even internationally! Now, if I could just get Tim Burton to "friend" me on Facebook, I could pitch him about making a movie together (hey, if I'm gonna dream, I'm gonna dream BIG!).

It boggles my mind that right now my designs are half-way around the world in China being prepared for sample reproduction. I pride myself on the fact that my designs are hand-sculpted and that each and every piece I make is a unique piece of art. This will not change. I will continue to make my one-of-a-kind creations for sale online and at art shows - in fact, I have more shows lined up this year than ever before! I feel that this licensing deal is a way to get my designs and name out to a much wider audience than I could have ever of done on my own. Luckily, the company gives me final say on all pieces that will be reproduced so that I can ensure that the quality will meet my standards.

Now that I've finished the Spring 2012 line, I'm already working on Fall 2012! Here is small sample of what I've got in store...


I'm so appreciative of all my fans and collectors. Your kind words of encouragement and praise are the fuel that keeps me creating. Thanks for being with me on this exciting adventure!

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations David on your fantastic news! So exciting! :-)
~ Deb

Unknown said...

congratulations David!!! I'm so happy for yhou

magikalseasons said...

Congratulations David how exciting!

Leah's Art Magic said...

Congratulations David!!!

Sharon Wink Ormando said...

So happy for you David....you ROCK!
Crossing my fingers that Tim gets back to ya.
Twenty years back I had the opportunity to license with them myself and didn't....kicking my buttocks now......
All the best!!!
Sharon

Judy C said...

I'm so happy for you and for all of us who love your work.

Georgina said...

Congrats, David...BRAVO!!

Crafts From The Stash said...

Congratulations David, your work is wonderful.

Debie xxx

Joyce Patton said...

I'm so proud to say I have 2 original pieces! ...and when I walk into a store and see your work, it's just.... amazing!

Bearly Sane said...

Congratulations David...goes to show persistence pays off in the end. Will keep an eye out for them in the shops downunder!!
Warmest Hugs,
Sandi @ Bearly Sane / Ess D'Ess Bears

Lisa Gatz said...

David, I hope you have your seat belt on because I think your world is going to explode! Congratulations. I'm serious...better catch your breath.

Hugs,
Lisa

Maggie/Cedar Hill Rustics said...

What wonderful new.... so happy for you and wish you all the best.

Blessings Maggie

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Congratulations David!
You are an amazing artist!
I wish the best for you in your new adventures.
Blessings
Robin

Penny Grotz Streit said...

Oh David that is so fantastic! How exciting and I am happy that all your hard work and gorgeous designs are paying off. you Deserve it David.

Old Gin Road Primitives said...

Congrats! that's wonderful always love your whimsy characters.

Old Gin Road Primitives said...

Congrats!! I love your style of whimsy characters.

Catherine Darling said...

A big smiley congratulations Dave! I would think that this little venture will make your originals even more valuable! Can't wait to hear more about your trip to world-wide Chicken Lips Fame.

Christopher A. Klingler said...

I'm SO proud of U!!!

SpOOky Best,
mE >:-))