Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Repo's Are Here!


It's hard to believe, but after a 17 month-long process, my reproductions are finally on their way to stores! I keep pinching myself to make sure I'm not dreaming!

It is almost surreal for me to see my designs wrapped in plastic and nestled in their compact, Styrofoam containers. Seeing my creations like this really hits home that my designs now have the potential to be seen worldwide!

I initially wrestled with the idea of licensing my work. Could I really turn my original designs over to someone else for reproduction? Would I become a "sell-out?"

After lots of thought, I realized that my reproductions could reach far more people than I ever could on my own. I think of them as little "Chicken Lips" ambassadors that can go out and spread the word about my art!


Stepping into this world of reproductions in NO way means that I'm going to slack off on my original creations for sale - quite the contrary! My studio is full of new pieces that I'm working on and I'm gearing up to work 4 art shows this Fall. I plan to keep the reproductions and my originals separate, so I will not be selling them online or at any of my shows.


If you are interested in finding a store near you that will be carrying my line, visit www.esctradingcompany.com for details.








5 comments:

Len said...

I think that I may have commented on almost every post about this! I am so happy for you, David. I hope this will be a very enjoyable venture... and profitable as well!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I for one would do it. We create because we HAVE to - it is a driving force within us and it is who we are but we also need to think in terms of business and repo's are good business sense if you have them done with the right company (who cares about your work and the details as much as you do).
Well done I say!

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Go ahead and pinch yourself!!!
I'm sure you made the right decision ~ your art is amazing and should be viewed by the world.
Wishing you much luck!!!
Blessings
Robin

Prim's by Kim said...

Pinch away!! Congrats xoxo

By Way of Salem said...

Wow I've been away too long! I totally missed that post. So great David! Congrats to you! I know you'll have mucho success. You work so hard - it's like you're sculpting and painting 24/7! You are what happens when one works as hard as you do! Jeannine