Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sneak Peck...um...Peek!


Here's a peek at something I just finished. This chicken and egg are PaperClay on a wood base.

This item will be available on the next A Time for Primitives update on Sept. 1st.

I have completely fallen in love with PaperClay and simply cannot stop using it! There are so many things that I can create that I could never have done with my sewing machine.

For years, I've wanted a Kiln and have belabored over which one to buy, should I buy gas or electric...

But recently a ceramics artist told me to stick with PaperClay for what I'm doing. It's more durable than fired clay and easier to work with. I do know that this stuff can take a real beating! I can't begin to tell you how many things I've dropped in the process of creation, and yet they are completely unharmed (and I've had a couple pieces take some really hard falls!). This is one tough egg to crack!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the new pieces and... yea, don't you wish you had stock in creative paperclay?

Lori

Flora said...

Love the expressions!!
Blessings,Flora

HowlingMoonDesigns said...

Love this Piece David! And I am in love with Paperclay as well!!
Candy

~dani~ said...

If given a choice between only being able to ever have either paperclay or chocolate again..I would have to go with Paperclay. It would KILL me to give up chocolate but I just cannot imagine never having paperclay in my life! I am sooo addicted. cool piece btw..I love me some chickens!

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

I looked at this piece and just laughed...the egg looked more pained than the poor chicken it came from!!!
Laurie

PJHornbergerFolkArtist.com said...

I love PAPER CLAY! Did carve wood, until my shoulder decided I shouldn't. Now I "carve" styrofoam, then cover with Paper Clay. Someone told me foil works well, but I haven't tried it. Haven't tried baking the Paper Clay either. Just use a fan and a room dehumidifer. Your work is so fun! Great inspirtion! Thanks for the hint of the gesso. I can never decide if I need to or not. But the paint goes on much better. PJ

HowlingMoonDesigns said...

You've been Tagged!
Candy

Unknown said...

I love this Piece and love with PaperClay. Thanks so much for sharing.

Thanks
Sam
my site