Thursday, September 25, 2008

Wilomina the Witch


You might remember an earlier post where I showed the quick sketch of this lovely gal. I finally finished her! I've named her Wilomina - sounds like a graceful name, don't you think? She is PaperClay and wood...but this time I tried something different...I've used a piece of a feather boa for hair! It really gives her a kind of frazzled look! I like this combination of PaperClay and other materials - might try some more of this in the future.

Wilomina is going to be offered for purchase exclusivly on A Time for Primitives on Oct. 1.

9 comments:

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

AAAHHHHHH!!! David, she is wonderful--of course!! I used feathers on a piece this fall too and it makes great hair--perfect on her...and her spider is the best companion!!! A winner!
Laurie

HowlingMoonDesigns said...

I Do love her!!! Love that Spider and skull to :)Good Job as always David!
Candy

~dani~ said...

Really wonderful Wilomina is! Congrat's on seeing her come to fruition..that is such a great feeling. Well done~

PJHornbergerFolkArtist.com said...

She is gorgeous! Soooo green. ha! No, she is great. I do love the spider, her hair just put the finishing touch to her wonderfulness. I gotta get better at the paper clay. You are too good! thanks for sharing her! PJ

Robin Armstrong Seeber said...

gosh, love your stuff, been admiring it for a while now. I see you know Laurie Hardin! Great chick eh? robin
keep up the smiles, love em!

Robin Armstrong Seeber said...

oh plus you seem to know Deb, Laughing doll, excellent artist and treasured friend..it's a small world.

Shanna said...

She's amazing... Halloween is my favorite holiday and you really bring it to life. I'm going to add you to my blog favorites! AMAZING!

Lance said...

very nice! i just saw one of your pieces in a magazine and thought wow I know this guy lol. very good work.

Robin Armstrong Seeber said...

omg..when I saw I had a comment from you, I near had a heart attack and got all choked up! A comment on MY blog from CHICKEN LIPS!! soooo good to "meet" you and be a part of A time for Primitives.. your work is amazing and so inspiring. One day I will own a piece.. I will I will...thanks so much for your compliment on my work..robin