Monday, August 31, 2009

New Creations on Arts A Flutter


Wow!!!! Is it September already?! Where did the summer go. I've been locked up in my studio for so long preparing for my Fall shows that time has just slipped by! I got LOTS of new Halloween creations finished and will be posting them over the next few days.

Now that it's the first of the month (well, technically tomorrow), that means its time for a new update on Arts a Flutter. This month I'm offering two rolly polly Halloween characters. Both the pumpkin and devil are hand sculpted from paper maché and paper clay. I'm loving using paper maché for the base as it gives the pieces lots of weight and substance. Sculpting the heads and details in paper clay gives me more creative freedom.

Be sure to check back soon for a sneek peak at some of my newest Halloween goodies!

9 comments:

Theresa said...

They're great David!!!

Unknown said...

David ,

They are so wonderful and whimisical.

Smiles

HowlingMoonDesigns said...

Love that tongue on the Pumpkin and those Flames on the Devil! :)
Hugs,
Candy

Creepy Creations by Jamie Moore said...

I love them both! Great work as usual!!

Jamie

yoborobo said...

These are so cool, David! I love the pumpkin bucket - such attitude! :)

KatHreN said...

love...love...love them...love the tongue.
kAthReN

Christopher A. Klingler said...

FUN new creations David!

Popping in to say hello! :-)

Chris

Unknown said...

These are great David!! Good luck on your fall shows :) Jackie

Anonymous said...

LOOOOOOVE the Devil with the big grin!!!!!

Aelwyn