Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Happy Halloween to Ewe!

Halloween is still a ways off. But for the last couple months I've been eating, sleeping and breathing Halloween! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE it! It just kind of throws me off from the "real world" calendar. Heck, we haven't even had the Fourth of July yet and I'm surrounded by all things dark and spooky.

Here's my latest (almost finished) creation...Ewenice the Halloween Ewe. She stands about 10" high, hand sculpted from papier-maché and paper clay on a wooden base with wheels. Ewenice will "roll out" for her big debut at the Halloween and Vine show in Petaluma Sept. 25th

www.halloweenandvine.com

Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

Len said...

Ewenice is great. No matter how hard sheep try they just don't scare! I love her!

Chicken Lips said...

Thanks Len! Yeah, Ewenice is anything but scary ;)

ImagiMeri said...

Hi David,

I LOVE Ewenice!!!!! What a great character and so sassy. Best of luck with your Halloween and Vine Show.

Hugs,
Meri

Sheryl Parsons said...

Well Ewenice is somewhat 4th of July, she has a star, right? ;-) Too cute David, oh wait, guys don't like the word cute, how about darling? Ewenice is darling? Okay not scary enough....hmmm I just really like her.. :-)

Chicken Lips said...

Thanks everyone!

Sheryl - I have NO problem with "cute" ;)

Jonty said...

How cool is she lol. Awesome lol.

snippetgirl said...

Ewenice is delightful! You do Halloween so well...no end to your ideas and interpretations!

Jane said...

I love sheep things and Halloween things. How great to see them both together.

Anonymous said...

David I love your sheep with goggles.
She's adorable!
Pattee

By Way of Salem said...

What a wonderful piece David!!! I love the colors and shades that you chose. Perfect purple! Really great. This might just be one of my many favorites! Jeannine

sdas said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
姵潔 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Christopher A. Klingler said...

FUN piece David & hope you are enjoying your vacation!

SpOOky CK :-)

Enchanted Productions by Joyce Stahl said...

Hi David!

OMG...I love Ewenice!!!! She's AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

Not even sheep are safe around you & Halloween. :) She is too fun! ~PJ