Friday, July 9, 2010

Skelly on the Move!

I seem to be fixated on the idea of things with wheels right now. I don't know why, but I want to put wheels on everything I'm making! This little skelly I just finished up is no exception. Riding in his eco-friendly pumpkin mobile, he is ready to cruise the graveyards. Sculpted from papier-maché and paper clay.



I'm finishing up painting my last batch of creations. Once these are painted,  stained, waxed and sealed, then it's back to getting my hands in the clay and creating a whole new batch. I've got plans for witches, zombies, and maybe a Santa or snowman thrown in just to mix things up ;)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I love those sheep hiding in the background being...well..sheepish!!

Georgina said...

Ok David...you da best!!! Love them!!!

yoborobo said...

Hee hee! I love the wheels. He looks kind of surprised (and a little worried). Cool skelly! :) Pam

Anonymous said...

I just so love your work David!!!
Pattee

William Bezek said...

Oh, He's so cute

Tamara Dozier said...

What a great expression on him! Love seeing all your wips.

Christopher A. Klingler said...

These are great and I bet the wheels will make them move FAST! '-)

Chris

Unknown said...

I don't know why, but I started laughing with an image of your wonderful little Skelly guy, rolling down the aisles of the local Grocery store, scarying the little ol ladies... lol.
Very fun piece! :-)

The Captain said...

I just discovered your blog and your artwork. I love your fun style. I have recently started working with paper clay myself and was wonder what you meant when you said "waxed and sealed"? How do you wax and seal them? I've just be letting them dry and painting them, but they have a dull look. I've made a few masks so far. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks