Monday, November 15, 2010

The Angels Have Arrived!

What a productive weekend I had! The stress of getting ready for the Harvest Festival is easing, ever so slightly. I've been so overwhelmed with the encouragement of my fans and friends. Thanks for all of the wonderful, positive comments on my blog and Facebook. Those comments really help to fuel the creative fire! You are all angels in my book!


And speaking of angels, I just finished up 6 for my upcoming show. New this year are angel tree toppers. I've also managed to get a couple "rolly-polly" angels completed as well. I really went out on a limb creativly and painted these in not-so-traditional Christmas colors. The mustard and green combination feels so good to me, I want to paint everything these colors... including my studio! The colors have an almost spring-time look to them. And what is so strange is that I generally don't gravitate towards pastel or tradional spring colors. I've learned that if the creative urge is there, don't fight it.




And REALLY venturing out of my comfort zone, I've been making some figures without eyes and my signature "big smile." They take on a much different look this way. Don't worry, I'm not giving up on those big teeth, it just feels good to let the creativity direct me down different paths sometimes.  

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your angels! they are amazing!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck with your show!
Helena

sassypackrat said...

They are wonderful! It's always good to do something new and a little different.

Unknown said...

You are so Prolific!!
I made one ornament for ADO ornament swap. I do work part time, however, I do have time to create more. What's your secret, please share. Of course, getting ready for a show, kinda helps one to push to get er done!

Unknown said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the angels!!!!!!!

Len said...

I love that singing angel. You will do well at the show.

Anonymous said...

I'm new to your Blog.What cute little characters!!They make me smile just looking at them.
I'll be back soon to comment again.
I'm a doll maker who loves clowns and "whacky".

Jonty said...

Looking as awesome as ever, no i correct that better than ever with the new creations.

Trish Stover said...

I never thought I could enjoy anything as much as your crazyily smiling characters, but I'm loving these angels with the sweet little faces. Hope you don't sell them all at the show. I want one.

Lins Artyblobs said...

Love the new look & colours. I like the singing angel too.

ImagiMeri said...

Hey David,

You can do no wrong.....whatever you do! Anything you come up with is shear genius, and you just keep me so inspired.....not to mention motivated....geez you really knock those out....don't you.

Hugs,
Meri

Holiday Sparkle - Cyndi LaChance said...

Now these are my kind of Angels!!!!

Anonymous said...

Got to venture out sometimes ~right?

I LOVE the new colors you are using for the Holidays!!! Mustard is one of my favorite colors and foods! LOL!

There's definitely a sweetness about these closed eyed, soft smiling angels, I like them a lot!

Hugs to you David~
Pattee

Unknown said...

just amazing!!!!!!!!!! wonderful work!!!

Anonymous said...

Thought I posted about your angels but i don't see it here... I love the colors you chose for them ... I esp. like the one with closed eyes and angelic smile...

Also ~
Have a Happy Thanksgiving David!!!

Hugs~Pattee

Ginny Diezel said...

I love them all,. but the last image - that face is priceless! Great work!