Thursday, March 12, 2009

"I'm late. I'm late, for a very important STJ Update!"


Okay, so maybe I'm not really late - tomorrow is the last of the Holiday Hootenanny updates for a while on Spookytime Jingles. So, I decided the that last bunny I make for the season was going to be the granddaddy of all bunnies (2nd only to the Easter Bunny, of course).....the White Rabbit! Like so many other artists I know, Alice In Wonderland has been a constant source of inspiration for me since I was old enough to read. As a child, I had a beautiful hardback copy of Lewis Carroll's version that would amuse and fascinate me for hours on end. The book is long gone (would you believe my dog ACTUALLY ate it), but those magical illustrations will be forever engraved in my mind.

Stop in tomorrow to see more photos of the White Rabbit and my other Spring Time offerings at Spookytime Jingles!

17 comments:

Sheryl Parsons said...

Oh my David! I love this piece! I'm creating a White Rabbit to post next week, but now I'm feeling intimidated! Gee you are good!!!!!

Sheryl

snippetgirl said...

He is AWESOME!!! Just a fabulous twist on the white rabbit. I adore Alice in Wonderland and have several versions of the book in my studio.
I know this creation is going to get scooped up in seconds!
Carrie
p.s. Have you done a Cheshire Cat?

Christopher A. Klingler said...

WOW David ~ I know this bunny will get snapped UP as soon as the STJ updated doors OPEN!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE him!!!

Especially the red coat & pocket watch!

Have a great rest of the week buddy!

Chris (-:

Lance said...

A+++ for this Alice piece!! I love the suit. I have a late rabbit in my sketchbook that's been waiting a long time to surface. I think he'll be waiting til next year though.

Totally Timmy said...

Wow.. I love all your art. I think I should try paper clay! Didn't like polymer too much..hmm..another thing to try!

Thanks for your comments on my blog. Getting dogs to sit still can be tricky!

yoborobo said...

Oh, he is a really fabulous white rabbit! I love his whiskers! :)

PJHornbergerFolkArtist.com said...

He's so fun. Love the colors, and where's Alice? ~PJ

Sprite said...

Hi David :) I was bouncing around and somehow made my way here. I'm thrilled! You do awesome work! It's great to meet you :)

hugs,
Sprite

HowlingMoonDesigns said...

I think he's my new favorite David!
Like Chris said..I Love that red coat and pocket watch!
Hugs
Candy

Il Girasogno said...

is beautiful alice in wonderland is my favorite cartoon your work is always amazing!

Kim Owens said...

I love this piece David, the detail is wonderful!!

Johanna Parker said...

Looks like some lucky collector out there snagged this fun piece!!!..... He's wonderfully fun :)

~ Johanna

CreativeMish said...

What a fabulous bunny!

Lisa Gatz said...

You are really an illustrator in clay...so much expression.

Iva Wilcox said...

Your pieces are so whimsical! I love my little one!! Yours is coming! Also, wanted to let you know I've given you the Kreativ blogger award. Check out my Halloween blog for the scoop. See you on STJ!
~ Iva

Christopher A. Klingler said...

Happy St. Patrick's day David!

SpOOky Cheers!
Chris (-:

Amy Short said...

I love this piece the detailing is brilliant. You never disappoint. :o) Amy