Monday, March 23, 2009

Skelly Swap


I recently participated in a Skelly ornament swap and was lucky enough to get paired up with Iva of Iva's Creations (see her blog). I had the pleasure of meeting Iva a few years back at an art show at the Disneyland Hotel. I love her unique use of vintage materials and images. Now I have the pleasure of owning my very own creation! This little skelly is absolutely wonderful! So much personality! The umbrella he holds is such a fun and whimsical touch. He came beautifully packaged in a Mylar bag with some decorative stuffing...very nice touch! Iva is a talented artist and I'm proud to display my new pal in my studio for creative inspiration.

I recently sent Iva my Skelly contribution (pictured here). He was the first skull ornament that I've ever made. I had so much fun with him that I actually made two of them. I decided to put the other up for grabs on my ETSY shop (you can find him here!).

Thanks again Iva!!!

11 comments:

Iva Wilcox said...

Oh David the pleasure was all mine!! After all, I received one of your fabulous creations too! He is just too adorable with that huge smile that only you can create! Thank you again!!
~ Iva

snippetgirl said...

Your skull ornament is hilarious!! Love him! I think you will need to make many more of those :).

Anonymous said...

Yea~ Guess what I just bought him!!
I'm so happy to be able to have him in my home!
Your one of my most favorite artists~
Pat
http://odd-dolls.blogspot.com

Christopher A. Klingler said...

BOTH pieces are great and congrats on winning a piece from Iva! She is such a sweet lady!

Your skellie ornie made me chuckle.

Have a great week David!

Chris (-:

Sheryl Parsons said...

Wonderful Skellies from both of you! I love the big teeth on your piece David! He's a skelly favorite of mine now!

:-)
Sheryl
PS Thanks for the kind words on my piece! I'm honored to have such praise from you.

Anonymous said...

Nice skellies! :)

vintagepaletteart said...

How adorable!!! Iva's creations are so cute! And she rocks at packaging! =o)

Love your WIP's David! How can they NOT bring a smile to anyone's face with those huge grins of theirs? =oD

*Lori

Robin Armstrong Seeber said...

awesome skelly David!

PJHornbergerFolkArtist.com said...

David, I had a nightmare about those teeth... they were crawling across my bed, kinda chattering.... very scary... ~PJ

Unknown said...

Wow, so creative and expressive both Iva's and yours. Have a great week.

Smiles,

Sonia ;)

HowlingMoonDesigns said...

LOve the Skellys! It really was a fun Swap!
Candy