Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Skeleton Candy Container


I've been so darn busy lately finishing up a couple commission pieces and getting ready for my Fall shows, that I haven't had much time to post to my blog. I did manage to find some time to get this new fellow posted to my ETSY shop. This skelly candy container is hand sculpted from paperclay - using my "sand in the balloon" trick (see earlier posts). He seemed so "naked" when I first finished him. So, I added some feather hair - that did the trick! The hair gives him a kind of frazzled look....I know JUST how he feels!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

aaah, he's awesome scary.Your work is too cool and always full of character.

Gourdqueen said...

Bwahahahhahahaa, he is a hoot! The feathers are perfect!
Linda

Christopher A. Klingler said...

FAB!!! Love the hair...hope it wins!!! '-P)

Me

Theresa said...

What a wacky wild skeleton guy you've created... he's great. :)

Kathy said...

I love him! Yes the feather hair adds quite a bit of character to him.

Creager Studios said...

He is absolutely charming...and the hair is the crowning glory to his wicked little personality..

Wonderful

Jodi

yoborobo said...

He is hysterical! Love that look in his eyes. Maybe he needs patting on his feathered head. :) Pam

Brandi McKenna said...

He is such a nerd! Love him!

snippetgirl said...

He is awesome! Nothing like a fluff of hair to really add some character! Perfect!

William Bezek said...

This is very different for you, I like it very much! I've been working in black and white a lot too, as you know.