Saturday, March 13, 2010

Take a Gander at Betty!

It's time for the latest update of Spookytime Jingles! And this month I'm debuting Betty the Christmas Goose! Back when I used to sew (seems like a lifetime ago!), I used to make a stuffed goose that was a huge seller for me. The goose was my own pattern, based on my pet goose Betty (yes, I actually have a pet goose named Betty). After someone copied my design and began selling the goose as her own, I was disheartend and never sewed one again.

But now, Betty is back, this time as a papier-maché creation. This medium gives me the chance to really put personality and detail into her that I could never have achieved with cloth.

In addition to Betty, I'm offering several other Christmas and Halloween goodies. Check them out at Spookytime Jingles.

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Liz Revit said...

Betty the Christmas Goose is wonderful, as are all your creations!

Jonty said...

Awesome stuff loads of fun for sure love the all lol.

ImagiMeri said...

Howdy David,

Wow, these are awesome! I like Betty, but I like the second character better...a really great job.

Hugs,
Meri

Unknown said...

Oh, these just made me smile!!!

KatHreN said...

haha!!! I love betty and the santa on the candy cane!!!! great work
tOoDleS

Jorge de Rojas said...

Gotta love Betty. Glad she's back and that you didn't let that impostor discourage you from reclaiming her.

Christopher A. Klingler said...

All your new STJ pieces are charming!

Happy 1st day of Spring David!

CK (-'

Lance said...

Great new pieces, especially the santa on the candy cane over the moon. My kind of stuff!

Betty looks great, glad you brought her back!

P F. said...

Woow...I love this...